The official guide is great. Below is a breakdown of their steps for my environment (ESXi 5.5).
- Install Linux Mint Debian
- Install Updates
- Install VMWare Driver
- Install mysql-server, phpmyadmin, python-mysqldb, and screen
- Login to phmyadmin and create user seafile with special password
- Create 3 databases that are used by seafile: ccnet-db, seafile-db, seahub-db
- Grant seafile user to these 3 databases
- Import the SQL backups
- Start Seafile
Note: You may want to change IPs so Seafile doesn’t synchronize your files.